Read our privacy conditions
Your information may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Collecting and usage of the information
Our aim in collecting information is to improve our Site, our Services and their contents and to operate our website in the best and simplest way for our customers.
Personally Identifiable Information
When you register with us through the Site, App or Services and become a Member, when you choose to post a Listing or rent a Boat, or when you wish to contact another Member, we will ask you for personally identifiable information. This refers to information about you that can be used to contact or identify you (“Identity Information”).
When you use the Site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
– Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register for an Account with the Site or App or Service, submit Content, edit your profile, book a service, take part in a promotion or survey, and when you report a problem. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, password, phone number, bank account or PayPal details, or billing information.
– With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact us.
We may monitor, record, store and use any telephone, email or other communication with you in order to check any instructions given to us, for training purposes, for crime prevention, if required to by law and to improve the quality of our customer service.
– We are also working with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your personal data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
– To contact you in relation to a Listing, booking or proposed booking, including providing you with booking confirmation and updates.
– To provide you with the products and services you request.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and/or between you and another User.
– To manage your Account, including processing payments and refunds and providing notifications.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
– As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
– To notify you about changes to our service.
– To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
– To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
– To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information, products or services we provide, which we feel may interest you.
– If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please do not tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e. the Account sign up page).
We may combine information from other sources with your information. We may use the combined information for the purposes set out above.
Marketing and opting out
We will only contact you by email, phone or SMS about our services, special offers or promotions if you have asked us to do so (by ticking the relevant box on the page where we collected your data (i.e. the Account sign up page). If you have changed your mind and would prefer us not to contact you, then you can opt out at any time. See further ‘Your rights’, below.
Disclosure of your personal data
Ventureonboard.com is designed to allow Vob Managers and Costumers to share information with one another in order to facilitate booking of Accommodation. Listings posted by Vob Managers, ratings and reviews of Customers and Vob Managers, and the profile information (as described below) of Customers and Vob Managers are, as far as you allow it, visible to any visitor to the site.
When you register on the Site and submit your personal information to create an Account and a profile page, other users will see some of the information you provided as indicated on such page. We do not allow our users to browse User profiles but they may access your profile through various ways (if you made a booking request, a Vob Manager may for instance look at your personal profile). Our network architecture and your privacy settings allow you to make informed choices about who has access to your information. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
If you submit a Listing relating to a certain boat or to a certain service, we may also display the geographical location of your boat or of the place where the service is performed in the form of a map so that potential Customers can see the general area and neighbourhood. Note that Users will never have access to your billing information.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
– Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, yacht owners in England). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us or an advertising network to display advertisements to a specific target audience.
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties including:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If Ventureonboard.com or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its users will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Standard Terms and Conditions, Customer Refund Policy and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ventureonboard.com, our Users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you
• we store your personal data on secure servers
• payment details are encrypted using SSL technology
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
– give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
– receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
– give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently GBP 20), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• attach a cheque in the amount of £20 made payable to Ventureonboard.com; and
• specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• provide us with enough information to identify you (eg account number, username, registration details); and
• specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing (an email sent to email@example.com.) with a header that says ‘Unsubscribe’ is acceptable);
• provide us with enough information to identify you (eg email address, username, registration details); and
• if your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel (eg email or telephone), please specify the channel you are objecting to.